Monday 16 June 2008

Hot hats for the hopefully hot summer!



I have had a love of hats since i was a mini little girl! What with ascot coming up and all! (expect a post about that!) I am currently scouring the internet for the perfect summer hats - http://www.vogue.com/ has recently made a post about hats being the new accesory for this summer and I have to say I adore the picture they have used (seen above in my header).

I recently attempted to create my own hat - for school and it actually turned out better than i thought! What do we think? Its the purple one at the top of this post! The colourful sash ontop of it is removable and can be placed in different places depending on how you feel at the time! Its also reversible - hence the bright colours on one side and the dark purple on the other! the reversed side is featured below.




















I'm currently working on a collection of miniature sized hats using sheer materials - hot pinks and leopard prints mixed with oriental patterns on silks and satins, i'm thinking about putting a few designs on here as a poll type post to see what people prefer then perhaps create some more!?



Here is some inspiration...





































Hope everyone's having a great weekend in this glorious sunshine!! xxxx

11 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

That piano hat is crazy cool! I just did a musical instrument-themed post the other day and this would have been perfect! Great job on your creation; millinery is one of the tougher art forms, I would imagine!

Fashionably collaborative thought box said...

Yeah it is pretty cool! Millinery is actually surprisingly theraputic! I'll check out your musical post - sounds great! x

Danz said...

I love hats too! The piano one is so rad!

Btw, thanks for your comment :)

Fashionably collaborative thought box said...

no problem!

Economy of Style said...

Ahhh these are amazing! I've always had a love-hate thing with hats. I love to look at them. But, I hated them cause my big hair wouldn't allow me to wear them :)

Cammila said...

So many beautiful hats! There are so many possibilities for shape and texture and theme with hats, I wonder why so many people (including me) find it so hard to integrate them into their everyday wardrobe.

Sharon S said...

Wow, you are so creative-keep up the good work!!

Fashionably collaborative thought box said...

psyche: thanks for your comment! Its funny because i've always wanted like big hair so i could wear tiny hats - but because my hair is quite fine i find that i am limited to what hats i can wear! i think on huge amy-winehouse-style hair something cute and small like a miniature top hat would look great with loads of colours!

Cammilla: I think to itegrate them into your wardrobe you need to work from the bottom up so start of with something simple like a beret (featuered in my pictures on this post!) then when you get used to the simple shape maybe find something a little quirkier and you may feel more comfortable with it this way! I think on your blonde hair something like a small but really bright red beret would look lovely! x


sharon: thankyou so much, your so sweet! x

queengilda said...

oh my!!! i love hats too and have been busy studying how to make some of my own hats this summer.. those pictures are great for insprition!

fashionable said...

fashionable
fashionable shop
online shop
fashionable products
products
product
clothing
shoes
rayban
pumps
sandals
sunglass
christian louboutin
fashionable
Anna Sui
Chanel
Coach
Gucci
LV
mongram
tous
Balenciaga
AF
Abercrombie & Fitch
Man's Beach Shorts
Man's Jean
Man's Overalls
Man's T-shirts
Women's Sun-top
Women's T-shirts
jimmy choo
Manono Blahnik
Vanies
Ray ban
fashionable
fashionable shop
online shop
fashionable products
products
product
clothing
shoes
rayban
pumps
sandals
sunglass
christian louboutin pumps
fashionable
Anna Sui
Chanel
Coach
Gucci
LV
mongram

Unknown said...

great blog love fashion this is excellent
embroidered workwear suppply